When I was in Architecture school (many many many years ago), we had a Wednesday night lecture series. We students never knew what it would be, but there was always something interesting on Wednesday nights. (I remember those nights with great fondness. Bucky Fuller was there one night.)
While Wowser will never be a school; it IS a place where creative people seem to congregate. And Wowser is definitely a place where you can have fun. Usually that means making something, or learning HOW to make something.
But that is not enough. We aim higher than that. We want Wowser to be a place where you can come in and hear new ideas, see cool stuff that other people have made (or done). Or watch as they do it in front of you.
And that (in a nut shell) is what “Mondays at Wowser” is all about. Our plan is to offer a free evening of something interesting. Come by at 5:30, find a seat, and watch what happens.
- A lecture from one of our teachers
- A slide show/video of a project as it is getting built.
- Someone from far away who can speak about something a few of you have asked about.
- Some nights it will be a “Salon”. (That means a short presentation, and then an evening of spirited discussions among everyone there. )
- Perhaps a video to get you excited about a new project coming soon.
- Demonstrations of various skills (yes, maybe even fire-spinning).
Will it be the same every Monday? No, we certainly hope not. WE want to be excited about what is shown also.
And, since things at Wowser are never quite as simple as they appear, there is another reason for “Mondays at Wowser”. We hope it will become a place and time for you to meet other like-minded folks. The official presentation runs from 6 pm to 8 pm; but Wowser can stay open later, if you find yourselves in the middle of intense discussions. And showing up a little early is a way to chat with friends you make while looking for a seat.
If this sounds good to you, wonderful, come by Monday night. We’ll be there.
PS Make sure you check out our workshops for January HERE.